Come along to McKillop hall for a hands-on afternoon exploring crafts and industries from Lochwinnoch's heritage!
When, Where & How Much...
Unfortunately, this event has now passed.
About Crafts From The Past
This hands-on afternoon will reflect on the trades, crafts and many industries that were part of Lochwinnoch’s heritage including;
• Weaving with materials from Paisley Library.
• ‘Museums in a box’ including weaving, schooldays and the War!
• Cooperage Mr Pat Smith, who was a cooper in Lochwinnoch, will demonstrate the skills of making a cask/barrel.
• Furniture making Mrs Margaret Dolan and others in the village have many pieces of wood work and carpentry from the famous furniture works in Lochwinnoch.
• Rail transport Mr Adrian Tharme will show a historic display of the old railway and the history of the first Lochwinnoch Station.
• Film and picture show Dr Brian Smith comes from a long line of Lochwinnoch folk. His grandparents moved to the village in the early 1900's. Brian's dad, John, did many slide shows for the village in the 1980's and the show uses some of those pictures.
(This is related to the theme of the Betty McKellar poetry competition 2017)
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Crafts From The Past are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.