The 2019 Solheim Cup will be one of the biggest family friendly events ever held in Scotland – with free entry and activity for children adding to the once in a lifetime opportunity to see 24 of the best female golfers in the world.
The event will include a host of activities for all the family to enjoy at Gleneagles this September (9th - 15th) from mini tractor driving to story-telling. All under 16s will be admitted free to the event.
While cheering on the world’s elite female golfers from Europe and the USA, the Spectator Village, which will sit alongside the first tee and purpose-built grandstand, will be the hub for the programme of family activities. Families can opt to stay there, enjoy everything going on while taking in the action on screens throughout the Village, or get out on the course to follow the progress of Team Europe, captained by Scot Catriona Matthew.
Despite there being five weeks to go until the championship tees off in Perthshire, the event has already allocated three times more children’s tickets than the initial target set. It is expected that in excess of 3,000 children will attend the event.
Before the tournament starts, tickets for the practice days on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are free for adults and children. Under-16s will gain free entry to the opening ceremony on the Thursday, which features a host of entertainment including headline act Texas, and the actual competition days on Friday and Saturday and the final on Sunday.
The family activities include everything from play areas, storytelling and a golf zone to family friendly food areas and a quiet zone to chill out in.
What’s on offer for families at The 2019 Solheim Cup:
1. ON-SITE FAMILY PARKING – There will be a number of parking spaces dedicated to families just a five-minute walk from all the activities. If you wish to book a space in the family car park, tickets are priced from £5, and must be booked in advance at www.solheimcup2019.com
2. THE GOLF ZONE – Kids can try their hand at driving, putting and chipping by hitting balls in the specially-designed interactive Golf Zone, as well as taking part in a long-putt competition.
3. FAMILY AREA – This is for younger children and is in the process of being finalised. It will be a place where parents can have a coffee as their children enjoy arts and crafts, storytelling and a play area (this is aimed at babies to under-7s) – after the competition, the contents of this area will be donated to Perth & Kinross Council to pass on to local community groups.
4. JOHN DEERE TRACTORS – The agricultural giant will be bringing along mini diggers and tractors for children to ride.
5. CATERING – Unlike some outdoor public events, catering trucks at the Spectator Village will be introducing children’s menus so even the fussiest eaters will be satisfied.
6. OPENING CEREMONY – The Spectator Village will host the main stage for the opening ceremony on the Thursday, where there will be a full day of music, dancing and entertainment for families, headlined by Texas.
7. QUIET ZONE – For those who wish to escape the crowds, there is an autism-friendly chill out area where new mums can also breastfeed.
8. CELEBRITY PLAY-OFFS – As part of the launch of The Solheim Cup on the opening day (Thursday), there will be well-known faces and Scottish junior golfers taking part in an exhibition challenge match.
9. AUTOGRAPH ZONE – Players from both European and American teams will be on hand to meet and inspire young people as well as autograph caps and other golf memorabilia. This is also a great photo opportunity for selfies. Remember to share your photos on social media using The Solheim hashtag #itallleadstothismoment
10. MERCHANDISE STALLS – There will be plenty of mementos for purchase in the merchandise tent, which will stock golf-related clothing and products in a wide range of children’s sizes too. Some of the exhibition units in the Spectator Village will also be giving away free goodies too!
People can request up to six children’s tickets along with each paying adult. Adult tickets for The Solheim Cup cost from £25. To book to attend “the most family-friendly golf event in history”, visit www.solheimcup2019.com
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!