It also looks at the behaviours of non-abusive partners and explores the roles that society plays in forming each.
The aim of the Freedom Programme is to help victims make sense of and understand what has happened to them allowing them to go on and live abuse free lives.
Our objective is:
• To educate people who are around victims of abuse, to understand the very difficult circumstances the victim faces, both in living with and recovering from abuse.
• To describe in detail how children are affected by being exposed to abuse and how their lives are improved when the abuse is removed.
• To help professionals understand the dynamics of abuse so that they can support the victim with a much greater degree of awareness surrounding the victim’s situation.
The course comprises of 12, 90-minute sessions held weekly and run by a qualified facilitator.
Our course is entirely FREE and is available to women only.
The course is aimed at:
• Victims of current or past abuse and coercive control both in adulthood or in childhood.
• Family or friends of victims who wish to better understand and support the victim.
• Professionals seeking a comprehensive understanding of the tactics and behaviours of abusers.
For more information about this and our other courses please email email@example.com
Run by registered Scottish charity Jubilee House. SC046046
“But what about men? They are the victims of abuse too.
If you would like to participate on the men’s version, please visit www.freedomprogramme.co.uk
Where possible we will update our listings to notify of cancelled, postponed and rescheduled events, however we STRONGLY ADVISE that you check with the venue/organiser in the first instance for updates.All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact.
GOT AN EVENT TO SHARE? It's free to post your events on What's On Renfrewshire, click here to find out more!Want to be the first to hear about what's happening in Renfrewshire? Just hit 'Like' on our Facebook page, join the What's On Scotland Facebook Group and 'Follow' on our Twitter account and you're all set!